Are Tasks Still Allowed On iTask?
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has issued an advisory on “Circuit Breaker to Minimise Further Spread of COVID-19“, which outlined enhanced safe distancing measures to reduce the risk of further local transmission of COVID-19. The advisory includes measures to suspend all activities, with only essential services and related supply chains exempted.
We wanted to address these concerns and any potential questions you may have:
- The government restrictions are designed to limit large gatherings and make sure that social distancing is being observed.
- The restrictions do not apply to the hiring of Taskers for your home. The government has been very clear about what type of businesses were required to close hiring Taskers to perform services around the house is not currently an activity that is restricted or impacted.
Essential services and their related supply chains are exempted from the suspension.
According to government regulations, essential services include the following:
- Movers & delivery
- Aircon repairs
- Home repairs (only for emergency household services)
- Repair of consumer electronics, IT peripherals, and household appliances
- F&B outlets excluding standalone outlets selling mainly beverages, packaged snacks, confectioneries or desserts
- Food caterers
Services that are not available during circuit breaker include:
- Aircon servicing
- Home renovation & interior design
- Home cleaning
- Tuition services (except online)
- Hairdressing & barber services & Beauty services (e.g. pedicure, eyebrow embroidery, eyelash extension)
A list of essential services can be found here. We advise community members to check and comply with the Government’s circuit breaker regulations and take precautionary measures should you require essential services.
Let’s all play our part to keep our community safe. Together, we can fight the spread of COVID-19. Stay safe, stay inside.