Peer-to-peer marketplace for all kinds of jobs and chores enables users to outsource or run any tasks to make money on the go.
iTask expanding to Malaysia
After a significant 384% growth in downloads over the past 6 months in Singapore, iTask is setting foot into its neighbouring country. The app, free of absolutely all service charges, removes all social barriers to make outsourcing any tasks easy, high-quality, and possible.
The demand-driven service marketplace effectively taps into users’ underutilized resources—time, skills, and experience—that allows proactive money-making opportunities while benefiting another user.
How does the app works?
The app, which sets itself apart by omitting all service fees, links users to users for a specific task. Users first register as a member on the app with their mobile number or email address.
A ‘Requester’ can post a task and the potential ‘Tasker’ bid for a chance to complete the job.
A ‘Tasker’ can also post a prearranged errand on the go—such as dabao (takeaway) or queue in line—with their desired price point and errands will be run when there is acceptance from ‘Requester’.
Tasks can range from in-demand jobs like accounting, designing, plumbing to menial tasks such as buying bubble tea, dropping off books at the library and completing a jigsaw puzzle.
Currently, the app sees revenue growth of about 150% since its launch in late 2018.
Since its launch, several changes such as removal of the 15% service fee, including more payment options and optimizing the messaging platform, have been made to truly benefit users.
Features of iTask include:
- Posting Services: A ‘Tasker’ can take the initiative to post a service/job/task/chore within their expertise or ability to maximize their income. Users who are interested in having the service/job/task/chore done for them can request with a tap.
- Posting Tasks: A ‘Requester’ can post a job/task/chore that he or she requires help completing, and users (‘Tasker’) can bid on the task to claim the job.
- Chat through the app: All communications are made through the app.
- Payment through the app: Receive payment or pay through the app safe and secure with third-party in-app payment system, Stripe.
- Rate and Review: Taskers can earn reviews when a job is completed or Requester can give reviews to a Tasker.